A few weeks ago we were given the amazing gift of a week long stay at a house on the coast. A family in our church let us stay in their beach house for the week! What a blessing it was to have a place like that to stay. Micah and I had been talking for a while about getting away from it all for a few days at least, we have never been on a true vacation... where you actually stay in a place by yourselves, not with family or friends... this was a huge blessing. We headed out Wednesday morning and slowly made our way to Long Beach. We had a great time of relaxation and just focusing on things that are important. There was no Internet, cell phones barely worked, no TV, just the movies we brought! It was WONDERFUL!!!! Each morning Micah got up early and headed to the beach for some time of prayer and meditation. After breakfast we did whatever we wanted! Not being bound to a schedule was such a welcome change. Saturday we headed down to Oregon for celebrate my grandparents 50th wedding anniversary. I will have a post on that later as I am still working on some of the pictures. Then it was back to the beach for a few more days before heading home just in time for school!
Noah and Joshua. Joshua wasn't too excited about being in the sand at first
Noah loved it
Me and Micah
A beautiful sunset
Micah and Joshua
this is one of my favorites! I love that the grass is so dark and the sky is so vibrant
I love to write in the sand. Micah actually proposed to me by writing, " Lyndie will you marry me?" into the sand at one of our favorite beaches
Once Joshua got use to the sand we couldn't keep him, away from the water!
Noah loves to play in the sand
I just love this one! It was a total accident and I love it!!!!
We were out on the beach after dinner one night and saw this seal! I have never seen one so close it was really fun to watch. Noah loved seeing it too.
Me and Joshua
Love this series of pictures of Joshua

Your photos are amazing! I love the deep contrast in that last sunset. Thank you for sharing all of these. Yes, this is a priceless moment in your parenting journey. What a treasure to have this week. I bet it was hard to get back into that scheduled life, huh? Still, you have some wonderful memories. We are so blessed to live near such a wonderfully accessible beach, too.
ReplyDelete