Saturday, January 29, 2011

It's finally Friday!


As I mentioned in my earlier post my son Noah has a seizure disorder. He has been on medication for about a year and a half and for the most part it has successfully prevented seizures. In October Noah had the first seizure in over a year. It was horrible and lasted longer than any I had seen him have. We called an ambulance because he wasn't breathing and he had been playing in a garage with his friends Micah and Samuel when it happened so we weren't sure if he hit his head or not. On the ambulance ride he did all sorts of things that I hadn't seen before after a seizure, I was terrified, I couldn't understand why he was having a seizure! He was medicated! Why wasn't the medicine working?! We went home after hours in the emergency room. Noah was just fine but I was a mess! We saw Noah's Dr at childrens and he determined that although the medication Noah was taking for the past year had been working, it was now not enough to help his growing body. We decided to up his dosage. Since then we have been noticing some things in Noah that are just not right. He cant focus in school, he seems to suddenly get a burst of energy and he has to run around or do something, he is fine one minute and the next he bursts into tears if you look at him funny, he will sit awake in his bed for HOURS before finally falling asleep. I decided to call his Dr and share my concerns about Noah's behavior, thinking it was probably related to the new dosage of medication. After over a week of phone tag I was finally able to speak with a nurse about my concerns. She was very kind and assured me that my concerns were probably valid, it is so hard to know what is normal 3 year old behavior and what is a side effect of medication! Anyway after talking to the Dr we found a discrepancy in Noah's prescription, we had been giving him the wrong dosage, the prescription was written for him to take over 2x the amount we had been giving him, but the Dr had spoken totally different amounts to us. The instructions we were given on Thursday was to up his dosage again, not to the amount that was prescribed but more than we had been giving him... that's it. I felt like the wind had been knocked out of my sails. My concerns were valid until they discovered the discrepancy in his meds... then they just brushed me aside, like they were saying, " just give him more meds, that will help"

So that is where we are at, I am hoping that our appointment in April will have much better results than this phone call. I pray daily that God will protect my precious boy and that he will guide the doctors as they make decisions that will help him. I never want to live through another seizure again.


and then Friday came...



I have been saving for months and finally Friday I was able to go buy a brand new camera. I have loved taking pictures for as long as I can remember. As a teenager I would take pictures at every church event, take pictures of my friends, my dog, basically everything I could think of. I couldn't wait to go to the store the day my pictures would be ready and pick up the developed film. I would tare into the envelope before I even got to the car just to see all of the fun memories that were captured inside. My passion for photography has only grown since then, but with a family and financial responsibilities that come with it I haven't been able to keep up with the new technology... until now! It has been so much fun playing with all of the settings, and learning how to use this new camera! I am giddy! I think my husband is very happy and now he doesn't have to listen to me go on and on about " if only I had a new camera, then I could take pictures like that!" What a blessing this camera will be to our family! Thank you to all of my friends who have put up with me and my constant talk about this camera! Say cheese!
Here are some pictures I found on an old memory card


This is JR and Abbey. Jr was a customer of mine at Starbucks for many years. He always called me, " the dancer" after the Lindy hop. His wife had passed away a few years ago, so he and sweet pea ( his Pomeranian) would spend their days wandering the grocery store and our Starbucks. What a sweet man. He Loved the Lord and often said that he couldn't wait to go home!


My Gram and Pop. I think this was taken at my brothers graduation party in 2006. They live out of state and I look forward to seeing them again soon!


My sisters, Amy, Cammie, Julie, and Kacy. Actually they are all my sisters in law but I love them like my very own sisters. This was taken before Michele entered our lives, now there are 6 of us!

This is of my mom and Grandmother shortly after Noah was born in 2007. What a proud mimi!


1 comment:

  1. I am LOVING you having a blog! The pictures from the past are so much fun! I am praying that the Dr.s figure out all the meds with Noah. Your camera is awesome and I am thrilled that you finally got one!! Looking forward to your next post :)

    ReplyDelete