Saturday, March 5, 2011

Matthew Jay

I am so amazed by the love of my Lord. Every day I am reminded of his grace in my life. I find we ( especially us women) have such a hard time just trusting that God knows better than we do. We like to have our lives planned in such a way that God must laugh at us. No matter what we plan, His plan is always better for us than anything we can come up with on our own.
For our family this has been a new realization, and very convicting... mostly because we were out of the will of God for our lives for a few years. There was never real peace because we always knew what God wanted us to do, that he wanted me to be at home with our son, but we had no clue how to make that happen. It seemed impossible. after 2 years of begging God to make a way for me to be at home with Noah, Micah decided that I was going to quit my job at Starbucks. I was going to quit the job that provided medical benefits for our family and be at home. Just like that, 2 years of unrest and frustration was gone. Like a blanket had been lifted off of us. God made a way where there seemed to be no way. I know that compared to what some people go through this may seem silly, but it was very real to me. God has taught us that He is in control, not us. We can plan and prepare all we want ( not that planning and preparation isn't profitable) but if it comes at the expense of our obedience to God it is absolutely in vain.
I remember a few years back having these conversations with my sister in law Cammie. As I worked through these issues, we discussed her desire for children. Matt and Cam had been married for a few years and were trying to figure out what God had for them in that area. Cammie desperately wanted children but there were so many unknowns for them that made the decision more difficult than I could imagine. Then, 9 months ago Cammie came to me on a Sunday afternoon while I was catching a few minutes of sleep at my moms house while she (my mom held my new baby Joshua) She whispered ," I'm pregnant! " Just like that God made the decision for them. He was and is always in control, whether we want to believe it or not. Matthew Jay was born a few weeks ago and I am so in love with this little boy. He is such a picture of Gods unmatchable love for us. When I think about that day, 9 months ago I get all teary, Cammie is finally a mommy. Her dream come true.
Here are some pictures of my beautiful nephew, I took way too many, so I am only sharing a few of my favorites!


perfect little fingers...


This one was a bit staged, I so badly wanted to see his hands, luckily he stayed asleep... I suppose Cammie would have been a little unhappy if I had awaken him!

My absolute favorite! he is blowing me a kiss!

Such a beautiful, handsome boy! I love you Matt Cammie and Matthew Jay!





3 comments:

  1. I wish more mommies could come to this conclusion, before the years pass them by. I know so many families are struggling with two parents working but that time is so short. It is worth the cut-backs to be there for their children. Thanks for sharing your convictions for all of us to be encouraged. These photos are beautiful! I am sure Cammie appreciates having so many photographers available to capture all these precious moments.

    ReplyDelete