I am seeing so many people doing blog posts or facebook posts on things they are thankful for... I would like to participate in this too! Although I don't have Internet access to do a new post every day during this month, I will do a few at a time. Here are my first 6
1. Above all I am thankful for my salvation. No matter what happens in this life I cling to the promise that I will spend eternity with God. Our pastor spoke this morning and mentioned this verse, " if in this life only we have hope, we are of all men most miserable" This, I am finding especially true these past few months, as this life can really stink at times. My hope is not in this life, it is in Jesus Christ.
2. I am thankful for my husband. We have been together for over 10 years now and I can't imagine my life without him, I can tell you I would be a sad lonely woman that is for sure! I am so glad to be married to my "best friend the one I laugh with, dream with and Love" That is a quotation from our wedding invitation and I am so glad that it is still true today. I am just as passionately in love with him today as I was when we first met. He is a good man, a godly man, he isn't perfect but no one is. In the midst of his imperfection he strives to do right. I can't ask for anyone better.
3. I am thankful for my two precious boys. They are healthy, and full of personality! I am amazed at how God uses our children to teach us more about him. Every day I am reminded of how selfish of a person I can be... I am reminded that this life isn't about me. They remind me that I can't just do whatever I want, because everything i do, or don't do has an effect on them. I cant imagine this life without them, and i cant wait to add even more children to our family.
4. I am thankful for my family. I think that family is something we take for granted quite often. I know I have been guilty of that. I have the privilege of having 3 brothers, 5 brother in laws, 6 sister in laws ( who are more like sisters than sister in laws) 4 nieces, 5 nephews, a mom, a dad, a step dad, a stepmother, a father in law and a mother in law, 2 grandpa's, 1 grandma, and 1 grandma in law. These people have been a source of constant encouragement and unconditional love. Without them I couldn't imagine what life would be like. Gee I hope I did the math right! I also have a countless amount of aunts, uncles and cousins!
5. I am thankful for my sisters. Kacy, Julie. Amy, Cammie, Michele, Angela, and Jenn ( you're not related but you are my sister) This past month has been a very hard one for me. Our lives have changed, and these women have been a rock for me. I have never felt more loved in my whole life. Its little things like text messages asking if I am doing OK, to planning a shoppapalooza with my mom and Angela, to taking our boys for the night so Micah and I can be alone for a little while, to planning a girls night out, to bringing me a Starbucks when i think that things can't get any worse, to being there when they do get worse, to sending me a letter or simply knowing that they are praying for me. I love you.
6. I am thankful for a reset button. This weekend Micah and I had the opportunity to attend a laugh your way to a better marriage conference. It was such a great time, and hilarious! The speaker spoke about having a reset button. God has given us a reset button, where we can push it and he wipes everything away. We may still have scars, and we wont ever get that time back, but it is wiped away. I cannot even describe how thankful I am for that reset button.
1. Above all I am thankful for my salvation. No matter what happens in this life I cling to the promise that I will spend eternity with God. Our pastor spoke this morning and mentioned this verse, " if in this life only we have hope, we are of all men most miserable" This, I am finding especially true these past few months, as this life can really stink at times. My hope is not in this life, it is in Jesus Christ.
2. I am thankful for my husband. We have been together for over 10 years now and I can't imagine my life without him, I can tell you I would be a sad lonely woman that is for sure! I am so glad to be married to my "best friend the one I laugh with, dream with and Love" That is a quotation from our wedding invitation and I am so glad that it is still true today. I am just as passionately in love with him today as I was when we first met. He is a good man, a godly man, he isn't perfect but no one is. In the midst of his imperfection he strives to do right. I can't ask for anyone better.
3. I am thankful for my two precious boys. They are healthy, and full of personality! I am amazed at how God uses our children to teach us more about him. Every day I am reminded of how selfish of a person I can be... I am reminded that this life isn't about me. They remind me that I can't just do whatever I want, because everything i do, or don't do has an effect on them. I cant imagine this life without them, and i cant wait to add even more children to our family.
4. I am thankful for my family. I think that family is something we take for granted quite often. I know I have been guilty of that. I have the privilege of having 3 brothers, 5 brother in laws, 6 sister in laws ( who are more like sisters than sister in laws) 4 nieces, 5 nephews, a mom, a dad, a step dad, a stepmother, a father in law and a mother in law, 2 grandpa's, 1 grandma, and 1 grandma in law. These people have been a source of constant encouragement and unconditional love. Without them I couldn't imagine what life would be like. Gee I hope I did the math right! I also have a countless amount of aunts, uncles and cousins!
5. I am thankful for my sisters. Kacy, Julie. Amy, Cammie, Michele, Angela, and Jenn ( you're not related but you are my sister) This past month has been a very hard one for me. Our lives have changed, and these women have been a rock for me. I have never felt more loved in my whole life. Its little things like text messages asking if I am doing OK, to planning a shoppapalooza with my mom and Angela, to taking our boys for the night so Micah and I can be alone for a little while, to planning a girls night out, to bringing me a Starbucks when i think that things can't get any worse, to being there when they do get worse, to sending me a letter or simply knowing that they are praying for me. I love you.
6. I am thankful for a reset button. This weekend Micah and I had the opportunity to attend a laugh your way to a better marriage conference. It was such a great time, and hilarious! The speaker spoke about having a reset button. God has given us a reset button, where we can push it and he wipes everything away. We may still have scars, and we wont ever get that time back, but it is wiped away. I cannot even describe how thankful I am for that reset button.

thankful for you!
ReplyDelete