Friday, January 20, 2012

Cabin Fever

 We have had no power at our house since Tuesday... it is now Friday... 
Well actually it has been off and on... out of the past 3 days we have probably had electricity for  maybe 20 hours. Thankfully we have been staying with my in laws for the past few nights. I really should have thought ahead and brought some of my craft projects with me since I have a ton of time on my hands. I don't have to be busy doing the every day stuff like laundry, vacuuming, cleaning etc... although I am guessing i will have a blast cleaning out the fridge when our lights finally do come on. I'm just praying that our frozen goods stay just that... frozen. Of course I just went to Costco last week! I'm trying not to think about all that money that is defrosting as I type...
Anyway I am helping my dear friend, one of my best friends with an event at our church next month. I love to decorate and make things so I am helping with the table decor. I made these cute little flowers to go on part of the centerpiece. Aren't they cute!!!!!???? I am thinking I need a little girl so I can make all sorts of flower headbands, hair clips etc... For now I will just have to settle for making them for the 3 baby girls that will be born this spring!
I am very lucky to be staying at a place FILLED with every crafty thing imaginable... my mother in law is an amazing crafter, sew-er... she is letting me go to town on her fabric scraps... I only have about 30 more of these to make!


I just love to make things that are beautiful!
Happy snow day(s) everyone!

2 comments:

  1. Those roses are very cute. Very creative idea! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE them!!!! I cannot WAIT to see everything all put together!!!

    ReplyDelete