Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Happy Fall and my thrifty finds

Fall is my favorite time of year, my absolute favorite! I love the colors, the smell, Starbucks drinks, my favorite is Pumpkin Spice latte this time of year, I love to wear Jeans and long sleeves, I love sweaters, I love to walk with my boys in the cool air. I decorated my house for fall last week, I don't go crazy or anything, but I do like to surround myself with things that I love.




I have this candle on my table on a tall white candlestick year round, but i like it used this way on a leaf holder.
I love this sign, it hangs above my stove.



My pumpkin and leaf candy dish. I also used this decorating time to re do some of my existing decorations as well as bring in some of my thrifty finds. I put this fabric behind the glass on my china cabinet... It turned out great, it looks much cleaner when you cant see all of the things I keep inside. Now i think I need to change the color of the knobs... too minty now.



I found these candlesticks for $1.99 each at a thrift store. I loved the color and have learned that when I see something that will be perfect in my home, I definitely shouldn't pass it up. I have missed out on too many good finds before.



I bought this jar at the Farm Chicks Antique show last summer. Now I have on my table between those candlesticks. The lemons aren't in there anymore, my boys like to play with them.



A few months ago I found the perfect bookcase on our local craigslist. It was the perfect size, color, and style for my home. I loved it! But I am also cheap, and just didn't want to spend money. Since then I have regretted not getting it. It haunts me, every time i look at the corner of my living room that it should be sitting I think, I am never going to find a more perfect bookcase for my home. A few weeks ago My wonderful husband found this set of benches on craigslist, he knew that I would love them and that they would be perfect for our home. He was right, they are perfect!!!!
I have the longer bench at my dining room table



The smaller one is by our front door. The tile is new, we are still waiting to get a tile saw so we can finish it. Micah is so handy! I love that he can do these things to our home. Eventually we will have a wood stove here, just have to get it installed and the bench will go in our mud room, which is non existent right now, but its perfect for now.



I love the bead board detail on these benches



2 comments:

  1. Hi Lyndie!
    I love your home and decorations! Everything looks so pretty! I too love the Fall season! It's such a beautiful time of year.
    I'm just getting back into blogging, and so far it's been a lot of fun! Your blog is great! Thanks for sharing! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The boys are getting SO big Lyndie! I am remembering why we called ourselves "twins" when we were teens. I look at the way you decorate your house and loving the fall season with a pumpkin spice latte wearing jeans and sweaters! I miss you tons! Life gets busy at times; I will call soon so we can see eachother. I love you!
    BTW, I am a Craigslist fanatic! Our kids room and play room are filled with awesome finds off of CL. I even found a dollhouse bookshelf from pottery barn that sells for $250, in the free section!

    ReplyDelete