Sunday, March 4, 2012

Spring is Springing!

I just love spring.... love to hear the birds chirping outside, love to hear the frogs at night. I love to walk through my garden after a long and cold winter to find these little bits of new life springing out of the cold ground. What a beautiful picture of our new life in Christ. One of my favorite songs is one called Beautiful Things. It says " You make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of the dust, You make beautiful things you make beautiful things out of us. All this pain... I wonder if I'll ever find my way, I wonder if my life could really change at all? All this earth, could all that is lost ever be found, could a garden come up from this ground at all? You make beautiful things, you make beautiful things out of the dust, you make beautiful things you make beautiful things out of us. All around hope is springing up from this old ground, out of chaos life is being found in you..." I just love that song. It is very true in my life.
 I took a walk through my garden this week, and look what I found...

Chives are always the first to spring up... i love this color... truly is spring green!

and of course.. the crocus... these are so tiny and yet so beautiful, probably because they are the first flower of the season in my garden!
I also found this sweet pup! She just loves to soak up the sun! Maggie is getting very old and has a very hard time moving. I think she probably wont be with us much longer. We rescued her from the pound when we were first married, she is probably around 10 years old now. I just love my sweet Maggie girl.
I wish we had many more years with her... she has been such a good dog, we just love her so much. Just look at this sweet face!
Ha! more pillows! I found this fabric ( the yellow) and fell in love! Lucky for me I needed some yellow in our living room!  I think they turned out perfectly!
I need more projects! I have no more space for more pillows... now I have moved on to sewing ruffles on to my bedroom curtains... but after that... who knows! I suppose I can make some baby blankets!

2 comments:

  1. You need more projects???
    Hello....I need pillowcases :-) AND ruffle curtains!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AND a burlap frame...LOL! Love you Jennie!

    ReplyDelete