Sunday, April 1, 2012

Finally Finished!

I have so many little projects that I have started and I never seem to have time to finish. I am sure I am the only person out there that has that problem... right??? Anyway, I started this project on my boring old curtains about 2 months ago. I finally finished them this week! It all started when I took these brown curtains that I had hanging in my bedroom down to be washed... I didn't have the heart to put them back up! The room looked so much brighter without them! I realized that I needed new curtains but of course the ones  that I like are ridiculously expensive! I decided to attempt to make my own! Let me tell you, sewing ruffles is not for the impatient! It takes so much time, hemming each piece then sewing the ruffle then sewing the ruffle on! Ick! The result was... well perfect! ( Not my sewing, I am way too impatient) Here are some pics of the finished product! I plan on doing this ruffle treatment to some more curtains for my living/ dining area!

I fell in love with this rose or flowery ribbon... thanks to coupons it wasn't too expensive! I am glad I splurged! It ended up being just what I wanted!
In all I sewed 3 layers of ruffles to the bottom of these cheap ikea curtains
Makes my bedroom feel so cozy and romantic!

No comments:

Post a Comment