Last week we had our six month follow-up appointment at Children's. I was a complete wreck for a few days leading up to this appointment. I felt like a child, getting ready to tell some really important people something really important, but knowing that they would just disregard what I am saying, or worse, tell me I was wrong. We had so many wonderful ladies praying for this appointment, and my son. I truly felt those prayers! When I woke up the day of the appointment I felt completely at rest. God is in control, of everything, even what I feel like would be trivial in most peoples eyes. Praise be to God! The appointment went very well! Our doctor listened to all of our concerns, gave some input but mostly listened ( I didn't expect this!) We decided to lower Noah's dosage a little, and we will be watching him to see if this helps some of the side effects we have been noticing. We are praying that this new dosage will still prevent seizures, If it doesn't we will be exploring a new medication. A new medication would be more difficult, as we would have to wean him off the old and onto the new, Noah would most likely be having seizures during that time. I honestly don't know If I could handle that. My husband seems to be a little more comfortable with them, but I am actually terrified of seeing my son like that again. For now Noah is doing well on the new dosage, he is sleeping better during nap time, hopefully night time will get better soon! I also have noticed he isn't as sensitive to noise these past few days...
Here are some pictures from our trip! Enjoy!

Oh Lyndie, I am so glad everything went so well! It's always comforting to know you have God watching over your family. We will continue praying for Noah. I love and miss you!
ReplyDeleteWhat a blesing this appointment was! Continuing to pray over Noah and all of you!
ReplyDelete