Tulips are one of my very favorite flowers, and until this weekend I had never been to the Tulip Festival! Shocking I know! Our Sweet Peas Garden club at our church headed up to the fields for the day, We had a great time of fellowship as well as enjoyed Gods beautiful creation. It was freezing and windy, but at least it was dry! Here are some pictures I took!

The view from our van as we drove up to the field

The parking attendant got us stuck! My poor mom was driving our church van, and we got stuck in the soggy field!
Luckily we got our money refunded and a push out of the muck! It was actually pretty funny considering we were just driving where they directed us!

The sun was actually shining for a few minutes! Here is the proof!

Our group! Beth, Naomi, Kerri (my mom) Sherry ( mother in law and our Pastors wife) and our newest group member Doris!

The pink ones were in full bloom!

I love the pink ones! Probably my favorite color!

A beautiful Tangerine colored one. I think its name was actually tangerine something...

I Love the simplicity of this flower! So simple and yet beautiful!

the purple ones were just starting to open up

Gods creation is just breathtaking! How can people not see our divine creators hand in the simplest of things...a field of tulips, in every
color you can imagine, each one just so different and unique.

My favorite one of all! This one is called the Miranda, I plan on ordering some of these for next year! Looks like
peonies!

A sign hanging above the doorway into the
gift shop!
I am so thankful that my husband was able to stay home with the kids so I could enjoy this time.

Mom ordering her bulbs

I bought 2 bunches of the
Miranda tulips

Some classic white ones

A field of red!

Naomi dancing her way back to the van

What are you doing mom?

Here are my
Miranda tulips in a vase at my home! I cant wait for them to open up!

After freezing my toes off I came home to a yummy vanilla latte in one of my favorite mugs, with lots of whipped cream!
Seriously I had an
amazing time, just wish my family was able to be there, maybe we will go later in the week when it
isn't so busy, that way I can get some pictures of my boys!
BEAUTIFUL!! I've only been one time. It was cold, but fun then too. Glad you had a good time. Did you notice Sherry dancing in the background of Naomi's picture.
ReplyDeleteSimply gorgeous! I have never been, just been past it. I would loved to have tip-toed through the tulips! Your mom got me tulip plant that I am going to plant outside when it's sunny. I NEED to work on getting my 2 1/2 feet of yard looking super cute this Spring!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your pics!
looks like you all had a great time! it's one of my favorite spring activities :)
ReplyDelete