I am sure like most every woman on the planet that Valentines day is one of my favorite days of the year. It is usually nothing special in our home just a nice meal and time together... we usually don't even have the money to go out... but I love it just the way it is. I am also sure, like most women that I sometimes tend to get carried away with the whole romance of it all... our culture puts so much emphasis on romance and passion and yadda yadda yadda... This usually leads to a major let down when I don't feel like my husband really cares because he doesn't surprise me with some giant romantic gesture like an airplane writing a message in the sky.. no of course I don't remember that every morning he makes coffee for me before he goes to work, or that I will come home from my zumba class to a clean kitchen, or that he has made a habit of leaving me simple love notes ( I especially love that one)
This year, year 7 has been the hardest for us, but it in some ways has been the best. God has used the hard times to grow us closer to him and closer to each other. I love Micah more than ever, he is a good man, husband and father. My love for him is completely unconditional, not based on how I feel but on a promise I made to him. He is the only one for me and I feel lucky to be his wife. I hope this valentines day he knows how much I love him.
Above are seriously just a few of the letters Micah has written to me over our 10 years together... remember for two of those years he was away in California in college so alot of our communication was via letter writing... its such a shame that more people don't write these days, i will cherish these letters for the rest of my life... they tell our love story. Gosh I remember how excited i would be when the mail would come and I would see a letter from him... I seriously got butterflies...I love him so much! I plan on going thru some of the boxes in our garage, I am sure there are tons more letters in there! Maybe I will put them in a book, although I kind of like them all tied together like this.
In the words of one of my favorite songs lately... " I don't want the whole world, the sun and moon and all its light... I just want to be the only girl, you love all your life..."
I now that I am the only girl he will love all of the rest of his life...
Happy Valentines Day!



No comments:
Post a Comment