Every year our church has a valentines banquet... well this year my dear friend Jennie was putting the event on and she was so sweet and let me help her! As you know I love to create and be crafty... so of course I asked if I could do the decor for the event. I instantly had an idea I wanted to do and was so excited about... then about a week later I got another idea... even better and I could NOT get it out of my head! I was really hoping Jennie would let me change the decor and that she liked my new idea... She DID! Thank you Jennie for putting up with my sometimes crazy creativity... it always comes together even if I sound crazy. If people could only see what goes on inside my head... its a web of crazy I tell you! Anyway, of course since I was helping run the event and I cooked ( successfully made soup for 80!) I didn't get many pictures... I did manage to get a few so I will share them!
Remember that beautiful burlap I shared with you all last week... well that was my inspiration for the centerpieces! I didn't want to share the finished product until after the banquet. They turned out so much better than I thought... I used some really tall branches which made quite a statement! I also got my design idea from the logo that my husband made for the event... It was a tree that had hearts where there was supposed to be leaves... I like to make things very theme-y when doing something like this. everything has to be unified in my mind... well not all of the time, but especially when doing big events like this
We had name cards for everyone... I love anything made with sheet music!
This was actually my original theme... I was going to make one of these frames for each table and at the end of the night they could duke it out to see which one they got to take home. I still got to make them... just not quite as many... I made a few that we gave away as prizes for the games we played. Can you believe that I didn't get around to making one for myself... ridiculous! I guess I have another project!
here is a closeup of the heart embellishments on the branches... let me tell you... waaaaayyyyyyy more work than I thought it would be. It was well worth it tho.
Our theme was Unfailing Love...
It was a great night, and it went perfectly... Thank you Jennie for letting me help!




m
No comments:
Post a Comment