Remember my love for burlap... well I keep finding more and more ways to use it around my house... look what I put together this week. I originally was going to use these frames for a project I found on pinterest but of course... my clumsy self broke the glass in the frame. I am glad I didnt just throw it away... this is so cute! I am thinking of attaching soemthing to this maybe a white fabric heart in the middle... maybe with something stitched into the heart... like M + L... hmmm that sounds cute... maybe I will have to sleep on it! Anyway here are some pictures I took of my burlap cuteness
Look at these cute little flowers... I just love them...
Now for the more serious project in out home right now! For the past year or so we have been in the process of making a laundry and bathroom in the back part of our garage. We already had a laundry area there,,, you know... washer and dryer on the cold dirty cement with bugs and all sorts of nasty things creeping around... anyway we had a friend come and frame up the whole space, raised up the floor and gave us a general feel of how the whole area would be, we waited to frame up the interior walls that would divide the bathroom from the laundry area and the hallway because I had no idea how I wanted things to be arranged, where plumbing and electrical would go etc...
Last week we had the actual rooms framed in.. I am so excited! We are a LONG way from finishing this space but It is so fun seeing the project moving along!
This is taken from where the door we use to enter our garage off our dining room is... when finished the door will be taken off and there will be a hallway off our dining room. The room on the right is the new bathroom with a pocket door to save space. On the other side of the bathroom is the laundry room, We decided that it would make more sense to jsut leave that room open, no doors that way it will feel bigger. Plus it will serve as a storage space and our pantry will be in there.
This is a view from the other side... that door goes into our dining room.
Don't judge... it is a disgusting mess, I know... but it is a work in progress. There will be a storage cubby unit above the washer and dryer, and cabinetry filling the rest of the space. Hallelujah for storage!
Now were looking into the bathroom through its doorway.. to the left will be a floor to ceiling cupboard for linens. the vanity will also be on that wall, the toilet will be on the other side of the window ( when you're looking at this pic it will be on the right) and then a tub will also be along that wall ( I am hoping for a vintage claw foot tub) :)
This is taken from where the vanity will be... where the shoe storage thing is that will be where my amazing and beautiful tub will be. I cant wait to say goodbye to this mess! Just look at the ridiculous pantry we have...
I am so thankful for my husband who has such a neat vision for how this space will be, he is such a wonderful man... and so good to me! I love you Micah!








I love all your creative ideas Lyndie!!!! I have a friend from college, Keikilani (Keiki) Surface. She is creative just like you. She just posted some cute ideas for decorations. I thought I'd share the link with you. Hope you enjoy and gather some great ideas you can use! :)
ReplyDeletehttp://itsjustgoodthings.blogspot.com/2012/02/john-deere-baby-shower.html
I love planning out projects and design elements for things like that. Looks like fun! Can't wait to see the finished product.
ReplyDelete