Friday, May 27, 2011

Manitoe Park

During our trip to my Dad's we had a lot of time just to hang out as a family! What a huge blessing, we don't seem to have much of that when are home! Like I mentioned before we spent much of our time at the park, just letting Noah run and play. We also went to a beautiful Park called Manitoe Park. As a kid I can remember going there often, we always liked to drive through the part of town that this park is in and look at the houses. They're absolutely beautiful! Think craftsman style, from the 20's and 30's. Probably where my LOVE for old houses came from. We would drive up and down the neighborhoods just to look, and dream I suppose... maybe one day I will live in a house like that. Here are some pictures I took at Manitoe park, unfortunately I didn't get any pictures of the homes in the area, that would have looked a little creepy!


Here is my Dad with Noah

Joshua in the swing for the first time. He loved it!
We stopped at Sonic on the way home... here is my cherry limeade! yum!
We had the "car hop" deliver our food this time. So fun!




We always drove by this church on the way to the park. I always thought it was beautiful, I love architecture, actually I took a class in high school where we studied a whole section on churches. Finally got a picture of it!

Micah and I couldn't figure out what this tree is, it is beautiful though.
Micah and I in front of the fountain
Me and Noah


These were huge! Thought it was so cool, how long did they have to train this to be in this shape?

This is the railing on the staircase going down to the garden in the next picture, the garden with that huge beautiful fountain in it. Not sure why I got two pictures of it, just thought it was beautiful.
The view of the garden from the top of the staircase.
A saucer magnolia tree!I have been nagging and nagging Micah to let me get one of these... I absolutely love them. The flowers are so huge.
chives!
Don't know what these are but thought they were neat looking.
The only area that was in full bloom, the border outside of the English garden. Unfortunately the rose garden wasn't blooming yet, I can't even imagine how beautiful it will be in full bloom.
A rose called first kiss!
another flowering tree
The bridge in the Japanese garden

Happy Joshua!
Noah and Micah looking at the huge fish in the Koi pond
One of the Koi.

2 comments:

  1. It looks like you had a great trip. I am so happy that you got away to relax a while. I enjoy looking at your pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful gardens! They look incredible, so lovely. Hopefully I will be able to visit them some day. Love all the pictures looks like you had such a good time.

    ReplyDelete