Well we made it through our hospital stay, the only bad thing really was that I got a nasty cold! I think I was already coming down with it before we were admitted though, so I guess that wouldn't be the hospital's fault! Noah's EEG went very well. The doctor got the information he needed in just a day and a half, instead of the two so we were even able to go home early. Going home early was a good thing, when the tech started to take off all of Noah's " rainbow strings" as we called them, we found that his skin had broken down and there was big open sores under two of the metal things, my poor guy, no wonder he was screaming! We are thinking that the abrasive cleanser that they put on those spots was too rough for him. The doctor was very happy with Noah's results and would like to keep Noah on this dosage of his medicine. His EEG revealed that he had a few episodes, but nothing of concern, so the medicine is effectively preventing seizures. I was a little confused when our doctor said he would like to keep him on his current medication, at our last appointment he had said that he would like to change his medication to a much newer drug with fewer side effects, but he explained that he is doing very well on this one and the most important thing is that we are preventing seizures. I trust this doctor, so for now I will just watch Noah, I will say that this new dosage has been good, I haven't seen any of the manic behavior that I was seeing, and the sleep problems have gotten a little better. Here are a few pictures from our hospital stay.
November Goal - JOY
6 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment