
I mentioned a long time ago that I found a bunch of pictures and e mails from my Dad from years ago... well I have been saving this post for Fathers Day, I am so excited to share these with you all! My Dad served in the United States Air Force for over twenty years, during the end of that time frame he spent almost a year serving in Iraq. These emails were from that time when he was at war, they are so precious to me, I plan on putting them into a scrapbook so I can have them forever. When I read them I am moved to tears as i remember what I felt and went through in that time, I had just gotten married and the very next week my Dad was shipped out, I was so afraid for him, and missed him terribly. Isn't it sad that it takes fear of losing something or someone before we truly cherish what we have? My Dad is definitely my hero. He is such a servant. He serves his family with everything he has, he loves us more than life itself. There is not a day that I doubt that he would do anything for me or my brothers or my step mom. His strength is amazing. He is what I call a gentle giant... the most kind and loving man, wrapped up in a huge muscular intimidating package. I love him so much. Happy Fathers Day to my Daddy.
Here he is at a Starbucks in Iraq. He sent me this because at the time I worked there.I am so thankful for our US Military, and their service to our country, and am proud to be called the daughter of Joe Palmer


great post on your dad! love the pictures.
ReplyDelete