Sunday, August 28, 2011

Its Birthday Season!

Last weekend we celebrated our dear friends Grace and Faith's birthdays. Their story is an amazing one and every year I am amazed at the miracle God has worked in their lives. It is an honor to call them our friends. Jenn and I were pregnant at the same time, I was about 36 weeks and she was about 23 weeks when she went into labor with Grace and Faith. I drive Jenn to the hospital when she went into labor, and I waited with her in that tiny, intimidating room while the Doctors tried to figure out what was going on. I will never forget how I felt that day, I had never been so scared in my life. My friend was just laying there in terrible pain and terrified , and I couldn't do anything to help. I prayed like I never had before. I prayed that by some miracle Grace and Faith would be born healthy and perfect little girls. That Jenn would be ok, that whatever happened that these precious babies would live. A few days later Grace was born, then a few days after that Faith came to join us. They were far from healthy, but absolutely perfect. It was a hard few months for me and Jenn, she had babies who were struggling for the their very lives, and here I was with a perfectly healthy little boy. It was so hard to know what to say or how to be a help to Lance and Jenn. Year after year I am amazed at what God has done and is doing in their lives. Jenn and lance are an incredible couple, their love for the Lord has carried them through many hard times over these past 4 years and each time I look at their precious girls I am reminded of what a loving, compassionate, and unfailing God we serve.
Here is Jenn with my Joshua
more of Joshua with his new haircut! He looks like such a big boy

Noah playing on the swings
delish cupcakes that Jenn made
Joshua loved this toy

Jennies cookies
Can you believe it, after it was all said and done, I didn't get any pictures of the birthday girls! We love you Grace and Faith! Happy Birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment