Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Teen Camp

A few weeks ago we took our youth group to Camp in Mazama, WA. I usually am able to go for a few days of camp, but because of space issues I am never able to bring the boys with me so I don't usually go for the whole week. This year it worked out perfectly for us to have our own cabin, so we packed up the boys and headed out to camp. It was a great week and God did an amazing work through Micah's preaching. By the end of the week many kids had accepted Christ as their savior and many more had made decisions to serve the Lord in every aspect of their lives. I was able to be a part of a cabin group this year, which I never had done, the groups were centered around our core groups so the group of girls I was a part of was a group that I am a core group leader of. This was a huge blessing because we already had a great relationship with them. I am so thankful that we were able to go as a family and that I was able to be a part of this ministry.

Here is a picture of our cabin group. Kaitlin, Jori, Emily, Michele ( my co-leader) Tarin, Makena, Jessie and Rachael.
Micah and Joshua

Noah at the ice cream shop. My friend Alyssa showed me how to use my manual setting on my camera while we were sitting at this ice cream shop. I am so excited! Now I can take pictures without my flash, and they look so nice! I am still learning, and have a LOT to learn! Still have to figure out how to keep my shutter speed fast, because I am getting blurry pictures. So now most of the pictures you will see are taken in my manual mode instead of auto. Totally can tell the difference!



My sweet Joshua was everyone's favorite!


Noah didn't like all of the water games we played, so he just sat down and watched from a distance. He looks very concerned.


Noah at the lake.


Joshua with uncle David.

Joshua enjoying a game of blongo ball.


This was taken on the pass on the way to camp. There was still tons of snow! I have never seen snow there this time of year! The mosquito's were terrible so Joshua stayed in the car while we took this one.


Micah and Noah playing in the snow. Noah was very excited!



1 comment:

  1. So much fun! Glad you're having fun learning the manual settings. You can always increase your ISO to make it more sensitive to light so you can increase your shutter (less light) to capture the motion of busy kids! Your photos will have more noise (look a little grainier), but it's better than blur (in my opinion!).

    Love ya~

    ReplyDelete