Sunday, August 28, 2011

Our Seniors

We have a great group of kids graduating this year! Every year it seems to get harder and harder to say goodbye to these kids.

Rachael has such a sweet heart. She has this ability to always make me laugh. she always sees the bright side of things before the negative. She has had a very hard few months, but is finally deciding to choose to live for Jesus. I am so thankful for this change in her life, and I pray that as she goes off to school that she will continue to be a light for Jesus.

Joey has been a part of our youth group for many years, but it wasn't until camp a few years ago that he truly surrendered to live for Jesus. I prayed for this young man that he would finally choose to live for the Lord and not himself, year after year he would make decisions at camp and then a few weeks after getting home he would go back into the same lifestyle he was living before. The Lord is truly working in this young mans life, he has said that he wants to be a worship pastor, and with his singing and guitar playing ability I cant wait to see what the Lord has in store for him.

Therin was another young man that would make all of these big decisions at camp year after year but after coming home for a few weeks we wouldn't see him for months. I prayed for him for the longest time, along with Joey, that the Lord would get a hold of his heart and he would finally stop living for himself. Finally he gave in to the holy spirit, and it has been such a blessing to see him grow in his walk with the Lord. He has said that he feels the Lord leading him to be a youth pastor in the future.

Heather got saved at our teen camp a few years ago and her life has never been the same. She has such a joy and peace about her that can only come from the Lord. It has been such a blessing to watch her grow over these past few years, I am going to miss her dearly as she goes across the state for school, she has been such a faithful member of our ministry.

Megan is another of those young ladies that has been a blessing to me! She is always here, no matter what she decided a longtime ago that church was going to be a priority to her. She has never wavered in her love for the Lord and others. She reaches out to people who need help, or a friend... is always willing to lend a helping hand. I cant imagine what it is going to be like without her as a member of our youth group.

Spencer is fairly new to our church... but boy he has made himself at home! It has been such a joy to see him grow in the Lord and strengthen his relationships with young men and women in our church. I pray that as he moves into this new stage of his life that he would continue to make his life all about serving the Lord.

Jessie is a remarkable young woman. I have had the privilege of watching her grow from a young lady who really had no interest in the things of the Lord to a young lady that wants to serve the Lord in every area of her life. She is steadfast in her faith and convictions and truly is an example to me. I know that God is going to do great things in her life, and I can't wait to see where he takes her.

Not pictured here is TJ. He is now attending bible college in the midwest and pursuing the ministry of worship. He is the most friendly person I have met and is such a joy to be around. He has this amazing ability to make people feel welcome and I am so excited to see where the Lord is going to take him.

No comments:

Post a Comment